The purpose of this competency is to achieve the goals of procurement, i.e. to:
- identify potential external suppliers;
- select external suppliers;
- acquire commitment to provision of internal resources.
You must be able to:
- plan and initiate procurement
- identify potential suppliers
- tender for external supplies
- negotiate for internal resources and develop service level agreements
- maintain procurement documentation
- assure the quality of procurement
This competency covers the procurement of both internal and external resources. It may be that in some contexts the work is resourced from only one of these sources and the competency could be adjusted accordingly.
Knowledge and understanding
You need to know and understand:
- the principles and goals of procurement
- responsibilities for procurement
- the context of the work and its impact on procurement
- a procedure for procurement
- the purpose and content of procurement documentation
- how to identify and shortlist suppliers
- how to conduct a tendering procedure
- how to secure internal resources in a matrix organisation
- how assurance applies to procurement
No history has been recorded.