The purpose of this competency is to achieve the goals of communication in the P3 context, i.e. to:
- impart relevant information;
- ensure the information is understood.
You must be able to:
- determine what needs to be communicated and its context
- identify the target audience and establish any preferred methods and language
- identify potential barriers to communication and seek to reduce them
- deliver communication in an effective and timely way
- ensure that team members and stakeholders have the opportunity to communicate their views
- seek feedback on the effectiveness of communication and act accordingly
This competency is about what makes someone a good communicator. The procedural and documentation aspects of communication are covered by stakeholder management and information management.
Knowledge and understanding
You need to know and understand:
- the goals of communication
- the context of the work and its impact on communication
- different forms of communication
- factors that affect the effectiveness of communication
- potential barriers to communication
- how to tailor a message to its intended audience
No history has been recorded.