The purpose of this competency is to achieve the goals of the delivery process, i.e. to:
- delegate responsibility for producing deliverables to the appropriate people;
- monitor the performance of the work and track against the delivery plans;
- take action where necessary to keep work in line with plans;
- escalate issues and replan if necessary;
- accept work as it is completed;
- maintain communication with all stakeholders.
You must be able to:
| || |
When executing this process a manager may be managing a handful of part-time resources or a large and diverse range of internal and external resources.
Either way, the principles remain the same but the competency will need to be adapted to reflect how the criteria manifest themselves in a particular context.
For example, this could include reference to functional competencies such as manage contracts or manage funding.
It could also include reference to specific control techniques such as earned value management if these are required by the context of the work.
Knowledge and understanding
You need to know and understand: