The purpose of this competency is to achieve the goals of the boundaries process, i.e. to:
- conclude a stage or tranche in a structured way;
- prepare for the next tranche or stage.
You must be able to:
- prepare for the closure of a stage or tranche of work
- review the previous stage or tranche
- review governance and plan delivery of the next stage or tranche based on previous performance
- submit documentation for approval of the next stage or tranche
- mobilise the next stage or tranche
- assure the quality of the process
The criteria for this process are very similar to those in the definition process and closure process.
In effect the manage boundaries process is a combined and reduced version of the definition and closure processes as applied to the beginning and end of stages and tranches.
Knowledge and understanding
You need to know and understand:
- the goals of the process
- the typical activities that make up the process
- the context of the work and its impact on the process
- how to identify pre-authorisation work and agree it with the sponsor
- how to submit an authorisation request to the sponsor
- procedures for mobilising and de-mobilising resources
- how assurance applies to the process
No history has been recorded.